Sunday, 10 January 2016

Vegan Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

I'm a huge tea drinker, and I almost always reach for something naughty to accompany my hot beverage. A muffin, chocolate chip cookie or shortbread are the usual culprits, So, to cut back, (I definitely can't quit completely, who am I kidding?) I decided to make a healthier alternative. These are a little on the sweeter side so I would probably add a little more oats next time, but you can also alter the sweetness to your preference, by not adding as many dates.



Vegan Oatmeal Banana Cookies

PREP: 10 mins
COOK: 15 mins
SERVES: 16

INGREDIENTS
2 cups of rolled oats
2 large bananas
1/2 cup of dates, pitted (makes about 1/4 chopped)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon




DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F
2. Grind oats until they are the consistency of flour. For more texture, only grind half the oats, (as I did).
3. Mash bananas
4. Add all ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Use baking paper to line your baking tray, or use a non-stick spray
5. A tablespoon each usually makes one cookie; place dough onto tray and flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
7. Set aside to cool.
8. Makes for a great snack, and goes great with a cup of tea!



Nutritional Information (per cookie)

Calories: 68
Total Fat: 1 gram
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Potassium: 196 mg

5 comments:

  1. These look like a great idea. I have a sweet tooth too so love that the sweetness here is from fruit rather than pouring in the sugar.

    Do you think half oats and half wholemeal flour would work? I don't have a food processor and am unsure how to go about gtinding the oats by hand.

    Stephanie Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use just plain rolled oats too without grinding. I just ground up one cup. I've used a coffee grinder to grind oats into oat flour before too :)

      Delete
  2. You could try a blender or a "Ninja". Try your local "Habitat for Humanity" store, Goodwill, or any second hand (thrift~store) in your area. Sometimes you can get a great machine for a very sweet price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these and they were amazing. Thanks so much! Looking forward to more vegan recipes! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Michelle! I really need to post up more xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...