Saturday, 16 January 2016

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Review + Before and Afters

This mask has a bit of a cult following online. When I looked it up, it was just bentonite clay; I was sure I could get that anywhere. Apparently not. It's really hard to find in pure powder form, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough. So, I bought this Aztec Secret Clay, which is from Death Valley, California, so I could use it in Australia. Well, they do claim this clay is sun-dried for up to six months in temperatures that sometimes reach 134 degrees. My impulsiveness and online shopping are not a great combination. I think I actually paid more for the shipping.

It comes in two sizes, one is two pounds, while the one I have is 1 pound. I didn't want to have two pounds of dirt from California if it didn't work.


I've used this about five times and it's hardly left a dent. It is infinitely more cost effective than buying masks with many added ingredients, preservatives and filler. Unless, ofcourse, you like the added benefits. I usually do.


Claims
  • World's most powerful facial
  • Deep pore cleaning
  • 100% natural calcium bentonite clay
  • 'feel your face pulsate!'

Ingredients
100% natural calcium bentonite (green) clay

Does not contain 
fragrances, additives, animal products.

Tested on animals: No

Directions (on package)
Mix clay with equal parts of raw ACV and/or water. Use a non-metal bowl and utensil. Stir the mixture into a smooth paste. Add more clay or liquid as needed.  Let it dry for 5-10 min. for delicate skin and 15-20 min for normal skin. You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation. Remove clay by washing with warm water.

What I do
The instructions also say to apply 1/4 to 1/2 an inch to the face - that's definitely overkill in my opinion. And it kinda feels like a trap...
I find it works best when I use one teaspoon of clay to one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Water works too, but the mixture becomes clumpy and it's not as effective. I apply a thin layer over my face and/or neck and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It does get to a point where you feel your face pulsating, which is one of the strangest feelings ever. And if by "World's most powerful facial", they meant World's most Painful facial, then yes, their first claim is true. No, it's not that bad. Just, don't wait for this to dry while someone silently sits opposite you and tries their hardest to make you laugh.




This is what the masks looks like before it dries. I usually use less in areas that don't get clogged, or it can be too drying. Can you see my massive zit on my cheek?


Apple Cider Vinegar

This mask should be great for those with blackheads, whiteheads, acne and when you feel like you need to draw out impurities after a particularly busy week of trudging through a polluted city. So, that's everyone.

Before and After
I decided to write this review up when my skin decided to erupt into a giant pimple. The left is my face after I have removed makeup and cleansed my skin. The right is after I took the clay off. Your skin will be red, (mine becomes splotchy, some will experience all over redness) but it goes away after about 15-30 minutes. The pimple, and I had a few surfacing zits on my forehead, were completely drawn out. It doesn't happen everytime, but if it is already coming to a head, this is the perfect time to slap that clay on your face. It's also a great time to put on some soothing oils, like these. You wake up with clearer, more clarified skin the next morning. 

Left: Before
Right: After -  splotchy redness at first

I've been using this clay mask for the last two months (once every week to a week and a half) and I definitely notice that my skin is smoother, softer and in an overall greater condition. I think the only downside is that it could dry out your skin if you apply too much (by following the given instructions). If you don't really have blackheads, or a lot of blocked pores. or you have dry skin, make sure you use a thin layer.

Let me know in the comments below about what kind of masks you use. Red clay, Glamglow, activated charcoal? Or do you prefer more moisturising masks, like oatmeal (which is great for dry skin, you could apply this after you use this clay).

I wish I bought the two pound tub.

xo, Amali 

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome mask that lasts forever! My skin isn’t nearly as rough, red, or broken out as it used to be. Highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! My skin is so much better than a few months ago xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...